Highly efficient counter current scrubbing units designed for vertical installations. Incorporating 5 ft (1524 mm) & 8 ft (2438 mm) packed bed section (random packing) these scrubbers remove 99% of contaminants.
VERTICAL COUNTERCURRENT SCRUBBER
PART 1 – GENERAL
1.1 RELATED DOCUMENTS
A. The requirements of the General Conditions, Supplementary Conditions, Division 1, Division 20, and Drawings apply to all Work herein.
1. Scope of Work –
2. Design Criteria –
3. Basic Division _______Requirements – Section
4. Schedule of Submittal Data – Section
5. General Division 20-28 Materials and Methods – Section
6. Start-up, Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing – Section
A. Provide and install vertical counter flow scrubbers as shown, scheduled, and specified.
B. Related Sections:
1.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. MANUFACTURERS: If they comply with these specifications and requirements, products of the following manufactures will be acceptable:
1. Plasticair, Inc.
2. Approved Equal Substitute.
A. Submittals shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. At the submittal stages, the Scrubber manufacturer will submit test documentations from the packing manufacturer that proves the efficiencies are achievable.
2. Documentation that is not from the Packing manufacturer is not valid.
3. GPM and air side static pressure drop must not exceed the schedule. Scrubbers consuming more energy than the scheduled products shall not be expectable
4. Data showing compliance with Quality Assurance Requirements.
5. Certified Drawings (dimensions, weights, support requirements, connection locations, accessories, options, parts lists, etc.)
6. Product Data:
7. Performance Data: (table, curves, etc.)
9. Warranties, Guarantees:
10. Wiring Diagrams:
11. Motor data as required in Section 20 05 13, Motors and Controllers.
12. Maintenance Data: Maintenance data as required for inclusion in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
13. Additional information as required by Section 20 05 03, Basic Division 20-28 requirements.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.1 Vertical Countercurrent Scrubber
1. Material of construction shall be a high quality vinyl ester resin. The interior surface shall be resin rich and incorporate a surface liner such as C- Veil. The exterior shall be finished with a UV stabilized gelcoat and shall be the Manufacturers standard color.
2. The housing shall have FRP transitions for the inlet and outlet. Clear access doors shall be provided for the scrubber packing, spray header and mist eliminator. An FRP sump will be an integral component of the scrubber shell and will incorporate a large access door for pump inspections, drain with ball valve and overflow.
3. There shall be a total of 4 lifting lugs near the top of the scrubber to facilitate lifting of the entire scrubber when empty.
4. All fasteners shall be of 316 stainless steel.
5. All packing support grating shall be made from heavy duty FRP to ensure long life and durability. Polypropylene or any other thermoplastic grating shall not be used.
6. All FRP lay-up shall be to the highest industry standards and will follow the NBS-PS-15-69 standard.
7. Scrubber minimum removal performance shall be as follows;
a. Enter chemical to be removed fumes and vapor – 99% removal.
b. Mist eliminator to remove 99% of 16 micron particles and larger.
c. Mesh pad to remove 90% of 5 micron and larger particles.
d. Based on gas flow rate listed in schedules.
1. An adequate number of vertical or horizontal centrifugal pumps shall be installed directly into the sump. Pumps on duty shall be sized to meet the required scrubber liquid flow and one additional pump will be supplied as a standby pump. All pumps shall identical and have the same capacity.
2. Pumps shall have PVC impeller and hosing, run dry capability, 316 stainless steel shafts, and intake strainers.
3. Motors shall be chemical duty rating with epoxy coating.
4. If indicated on drawings supply standby pump. Pump shall be installed to operate at by simply changing valve positions. Install pumps so that one pump can operate while other pump is removed from system.
5. Pump horse-power shall not exceed that which is scheduled.
C. Piping and Nozzles
1. All piping shall be of SCH 80 PVC. The following shall be the minimum requirement for the scrubber recirculation piping system:
a. 0-30 PSI pressure gauge c/w gauge isolators on each pump.
b. 2” PVC ball valve and 2” PVC ball check valve on each pump (ball check valves required only when there is more than one pump on a scrubber)
c. PVC strainers (Y or basket type) installed before the spray nozzles.
d. Piping shall be easily dismantled for quick removal and service of pumps.
e. 2” drain line with 2” PVC ball valve.
f. Overflow shall be incorporated in the drain line and set at the maximum scrubber water level to prevent accidental over flow.
g. Scrubber shall incorporate a purging line to prevent precipitation of salts that may clog scrubber components.
2. Spray header shall be removable for easy maintenance.
3. The scrubber shall incorporate PVC spray nozzles for liquid distribution.
4. The nozzles shall be of non clogging design with free passage of at least 1/2”. The nozzle shall be designed with a male thread for easy removal.
D. Scrubber Packing
1. The scrubber shall use random or structured mass transfer media that requires no more than 6 GPM per square foot to achieve stated performance. Airside static pressure drop must not exceed 0.30” W.G. per linier foot.
2. Packing shall be made from polypropylene material.
3. Proof of packing functioning to this specification shall be presented to the designing engineer with documentation from the packing manufacturer – NOT the scrubber manufacturer.
E. Scrubber Mist Eliminator
1. The mist eliminator shall consist of a double bank chevron blade mist modules.
2. The mist eliminator shall be supported from the top and bottom with FRP support.
3. Access door shall be provided for easy removal and installation of the mist eliminator modules.
4. Construction shall be solid PVC.
1. Scrubber Manufacturer shall supply a fully functional and scrubber mounted CSA Certified PLC based control panel to operate the following functions as a minimum, pH and ORP control, purge rate, hi low level, on/off/auto, pump starters and alternating sequencing, flow rates, trouble alarms, chemical feed system, anti-freeze control and water, make-up rates.
2. Control panel to be a 3 point connection sized as listed on schedule.
VERTICAL COUNTERCURRENT SCRUBBER
PART 3 – EXECUTION